Wednesday, December 3, 2008

As Christmas is approaching I want to put some thoughts about what Christianity means to me...
There are a few quotes that have really touched me recently and I would like to share them.

The first one being: Christianity at it's best is a charitable organization.
I truly feel that my job as a christian is to love others and be a blessing to those I come in contact with. Meaning everything from giving of my time, resources and energy to help those who are less fortunate than I as well as simply sharing a smile with a stranger.

The second one being a bit more mystical in tone:
I am the hole in the flute that Christ's breathe flows through...listen to this music.

It feels so right to me, it speaks to my heart. I want more than anything in this world
to be of service. I am so grateful that my life has been lead in the direction of my work that
now offers me such an amazing opportunity to give of the gifts that were given to me.
I am so grateful this holiday season to be in a place in my life where my work means so much to me...and that I feel that I touch fellow human beings lives every day...quite literally as I am doing massage therapy for hospice patients. I am so blessed to be able to do this work. I feel so honored to be invited into people's lives at such a vulnerable time and in such an intimate way.
It is my prayer everyday that I am being the vehicle of comfort that I hope to be.

No comments: